Monday, August 26, 2013

Birthday Card for My Grandfather's 92nd Birthday

I never got around to posting this card I made for my Grandfather's 92nd birthday.  He passed away recently and I contemplated not posting it, but I had so much fun creating it for him, I had to share it with everyone....it makes me smile and remember all of the precious memories I have of my time with him.  I was blessed with his presence for 50 years. 

This is an over-sized card done on kraft cardstock so that I could get really bold colors with my colored pencils.  I wanted it to be whimsical.  I wish I could have seen his face when he opened it.  I hope it made him smile.

It was created using a plethora of bird stamps/sentiments from various companies (I think it was The Alleyway Stamps and Paper Smooches).

 

No comments: