Thursday, December 6, 2012

Some more One Layer cards

A few weeks ago, I created another flurry of one layer cards.  I tried some different color combinations and layouts, so some of them are a bit different.  You will have to excuse the "wonky" cards...I neglected to press them flat before taking photos, so they are a bit curled over in some of the photos!
 
I doodled a border around the central image on this one.  Sentiment by Wordsworth.
 
 
I had done one similar to this a while ago.  Tree, bird and sentiment stamps from Wordsworth.
 
 
I tried something really different on this one.  I had not used browns before without adding other colors.  I think it turned out pretty nice.  Might make a good masculine card. Images by Penny Black.
 
 
I decided to try blues and grays on this one and I love the way it turned out.  The image got a bit heavy-handed, but I think it works.  Sentiment by Hero Arts.
 
 
I wanted a mono-chromatic look on this one.  The flower is by Penny Black and the sentiment is by Wordsworth.
 
 
I loved the blue and gray combo, so I had to try another one.  This one I accentuated the image by scoring at the top and bottom.  I really like how that brings the focus to the image.  Sentiment by Wordsworth.
 
 
The last one is a holiday-inspired one using reds and then adding the green directly to the stamp before adding it to the background.  I really love this one.  I think I might try adding a little glitter or something to the berries to give them some sparkle.  Definitely going to experiment with this one!
 

No comments: