Saturday, August 24, 2013

Some Catching Up!

I have been doing some creating, but just never seem to find the time to post them!  I have quite a few one-layer technique cards to share, so I am going to put them all in one post so that I can get them out there to share with you!

The first four cards were created with the same basic stamp layout but using different color palettes and sentiments.  I really loved doing this water-colored image overlaid with the crisp images.  I think it is really elegant.  The flowers are from a Stampendous, and all sentiments are from Wordsworth (I think).


 
 
 
These next cards were done using the one-layer technique on ATC's, but then matted and mounted on an embossed white card background.  For these I let the stamped images do the talking.  I used a combination of stamps for each one and can't remember all of them!  Some of these pictures were taken at night with my phone, so I apologize for the wonky background coloring of some of them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The next set of cards need some explaining... 
 
Several years ago a friend of mine had created some background papers using a palette knife/spatula and acrylic paint.  She called the technique "smooshing" and I can't think of a better term, so "smooshing" it is! 
 
Since I was digging the mini ATC cards using the one-layer technique...I thought I would use the "smooshing" technique on some water color paper and see what happened.  I took the paint and literally splotched it on with a piece of plastic (I took the foam off one of the cheap foam brushes and used the plastic spatula part underneath).  I layered many colors and used regular and metallic paints to achieve the sheets of artwork. 
 
I then cut them into ATC sized cards and mounted them on embossed cards with some fibers and thread to give them some dimension.  They were miniature acrylic paintings and I love them!  I guess I was channeling my inner Jackson Pollack.  I only wish I could sell them for the insane amount of money his paintings go for!  I hope you like them too...
 






No comments: