Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lighthouse Sympathy



I was asked to make a sympathy card for a man and I always struggle with that. It needed to be a larger card with room for multiple signatures, so that even made it more of a challenge... I finally decided to use this lighthouse stamp by Impression Obsession. I used my copic markers to color it. This was also the first time I have used my airbrush system. It didn't work as I wished it to on its maiden voyage, but for a sky....it worked nicely!

In the background, I used several different colors of paper, rice paper and mesh. I tore the edges to look like the ocean. I thought the end result was especially nice and I hope the recipient finds some solace in the card.

Copic Colors Used:

Bricks: R22, R24, R27, R29
Sand: E50, E51, E53, E55
Grass: YG91, YG93, YG95
Ocean: B91, B93, B95
Boat: E11, E13, E15, E17
Lighthouse: C0, C1
Gulls: W0, W1, W3, W5
Sun: YR 20, YR21
Sky: B91 (airbrushed)
White gel pen for accents

No comments: