Friday, November 11, 2011

Celebrating Veteran's Day

























I made this card a while back for my Uncle's Birthday.  Since I had not yet posted it, I thought putting it up on Veteran's Day was appropriate. I know there aren't any veterans left from the Civil War, but it is about celebrating those who have fought and those who continue to fight for our freedom.  I honor them today.  Thank you for your service to our country.

The image is a digital one from Hambo Stamps and is one that is dear to me. I am a descendant of a soldier who fought bravely for the Confederate Army.  My uncle has done a great deal of research on our Confederate ancestors as well as others, so that is why I chose this great image for his birthday.  I know he loved it!

Copic Colors Used:
Uniform: W00, W0, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W7
Rifle: E31, E33, E35
Knapsack: E35, E37, E39
Shoes: E44, E47, E49
Bayonet: C00, C0, C1
Skin: E0000, E000, E00
Canteen: E13, E15, E17; C0, C1, C3
Beard: C1, C3, C5

2 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

I just LOVE this card, and your color palette! It's always a joy to see your work!

Karin said...

Your coloring is always stellar and I love your background!