Sunday, October 7, 2012

ColourQ Challenge

It has been a while since I have done a challenge.  I have been lurking around watching all the cool cards that are being done for the ColourQ challenge and decided to play along this week.  As you can tell from all of my recent posts, I am doing a lot with the one layer cards.  I thought the colors this week for Challenge # 157 would work PERFECTLY with that technique. So...I grabbed my inks and sponges and went to it!!!

My first attempt turned out really pretty, but when I removed my masking pieces, some of the ink bled through and left splotches on the white card below.  BOOOOO!  I ended up cutting off the sponged part and used it on a multi layer card instead.  I still kept the same color palette, but gussied it up with additional layers. It might be hard for you to see the gray, but I used it to sponge the background and to stamp some of the branches in the background!

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card, Melissa, love the embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ.

Anita Scroggins said...

This is such a great card,, love the embossing and the layers. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!!!