Monday, October 6, 2008

World Cardmaking Day!

On Saturday, I got together with a few of my friends to celebrate World Cardmaking Day!

Our celebration was from 9:00am to 6:00pm and we had lots of fun! Some of us even managed to make a few cards along the way. (Mostly we socialized...but who cares!)

The first few pictures are of those who participated in the event.


The above picture is of Pam and Sandra. Pam is munching on something tasty and checking out Sandra's beautiful cards. (I'll show them later!)

This is Kaye and Vanessa... They are obviously deeply engrossed in something!


This is Janine...I must have caught her by surprise...


Carla is all by herself in this photo...What's up with that?

I challenged the group to create 1 or more cards using specific stamps or items. A few chose to participate and I have included their cards below.



I thought this would be a fun challenge to do as I have postage stamps from around the world! Unfortunately nobody participated in this challenge. I may have some belated entries though!


I did have some willing participants for this challenge:

Janine did this card using one of the stamps:



Pam also did a card using the same stamp:



The next challenge had a few takers as well.



Kaye made this cute card for our friend Cindy who could not make it to this event. Kaye loves hedgehogs and Cindy adores the duck Mallory...so this made a perfect card!


Carla made this cute card with the haystack....A great play on words....


Sandra did some BEAUTIFUL cards using techniques she saw on Michelle Zindorf's site...



I actually made a few cards as well, but they aren't complete. I will post them as soon as they are finished. No matter how much stuff you drag to an event, you are always missing that "something" needed to finish off a card.
Whew... I think that is all for this post.

3 comments:

Janine said...

I had a blast on World Card Making Day! I only managed to get one card made but then I am the social butterfly in the group. Thanks for making the arrangements for out get together.
Janine

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time! I would have participated in a challenge or two, but you would have ended up helping me a lot!! I look forward to keeping up with you via your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hay!! I had a fun day too!! We need to do that again soon! Thanks for setting that up for us Melissa! ~Carla~