Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hambo Hoedown Spectacular!

Let us commence doing the Hambo Hoedown! Yee Haw!

Starting today, on the Hambo challenge blog (Hambo Hoedown) you will find a new challenge every Wednesday. What better way to get you over the hump and closer to the weekend!

Every week, there will be a new challenge. Some will require you to use a particular image, others will be color challenges or layout challenges. The possibilities are endless and you will have a great time! The "kick-off" challenge features a Football Girl digi that is perfect for those who are getting geared up for this weekend! You will have to check out the details on the blog. The best part??? The more you play, the more FREE digis you can collect...YES...FREE!!!!

The images from Hambo Stamps are so much fun to work with, so... DO-SI-DO on over to Hambo Hoedown and get in on the fun!

Below is the card I created for this announcement. It uses a new Hambo digi stamp called Football Girl. With the Super Bowl so close at hand, this is THE PERFECT image to start off this challenge! All of my DT piggy friends (The Bacon Bits) have created fun cards using the same image, so you will have to go see their awesome work as well! Such wonderful inspiration!



When I got the digi stamp (it is an image of the girl with one teddy sitting next to her), I immediately thought of her going up against a whole team of teddy bears! (Too bad 'da Bears didn't make it to the Super Bowl.) So I decided to do multiple bears and then painstakingly cut them all out to assemble the girl vs. the bears card. I typeset the words on the computer and did some distressing of the edges to finish it out. I think it turned out awesome!
Copic Colors Used:
Helmets: R000, R00, R02
Jerseys: BG10, BG11
Hair: E55, E57, E59
Skirt: YR00, YR01, YR12, YR14; R000, R00, R02
Football/Bears: E30, E31, E34
Face: E0000, E000, E00
Cleats: C00; BG10, BG11

11 comments:

Karin said...

The stack of Teddy's is just adorable! Love the color choice too :)

Melissa said...

Thanks Karin! One would think I was a Miami Dolphins fan with the colors, but alas, that is not the case!

Judy Rozema said...

It's adorable, Melissa! I love the whole pyramid design - so clever. I don't know how you had the patience to cut out all those bears!

Hannah Clark said...

I really love the colours, Melissa! I never thought of making more than one teddy! I love the big pile of them! Beautiful card!

Silli said...

Fabulous Melissa, love your coloring!!! Great work.

Joy said...

these bears are just too cute, sooo clever!

Chelsea said...

How cute is this ... I love the huddle of teddy bears!

Linda W. said...

Oh Melissa - I am totally smitten with your card! Your pyramid stack of bears is just right! BTW are you the same Melissa from Leaving Prints years ago??? We may just know each other! :)

Melissa said...

Linda...thanks for your kind words...Alas, I am not the same Melissa from Leaving Prints...

Libby Hickson said...

This is so adorable Melissa!! Love your stack of bears! And your coloring, as always, is spectacular!

Sherry H said...

Melissa, I just love your card!! The team of teddies is hilarious, cute and totally clever. Just joined as a follower!