Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's Challenge Number 3 at the Hoedown!



It is week number 3 at the Hambo Hoedown Challenge! This week is a color challenge. You must have a beach-themed card using the shades of blue, brown and tan....PERFECT for this new Pelican digi from Hambo Stamps! If you didn't play along this past week, you will be able to get this fella over at Hambo Stamps...or you can use any other Hambo Stamp (rubber or digi) and follow along with the beachy color scheme.

The paper is some from my stash. I think it is older paper from Wild Asparagus. Love their double-sided papers. Not sure if they are still around. If not, too bad!

For this card, I also used some twill ribbon and several pieces of waxed thread I had around. I found this neat gold starfish in with my other goodies, so I decided to add it to the mix. I took three pieces of the dark brown thread and channeled my old macrame skills from high school and created the knotted piece that holds the starfish. With the cute pelican digi I decided to cut out an extra fish and cap and popped them up for some dimension. I added some glitter glue to the fishie to make him extra special.

Now if the pelican would just clean, filet, and cook the fish....it would be awesome!

You will have to join the Bacon Bits over at the Hambo Hoedown Challenge this week and play along with us!

Copic Colors Used:
Pelican: W00, W0, W1, W3
Bill/Feet: YR20, YR21, YR23
Cap: B91, B93; E53, E55
Fish: W0, W1, W3
Shadow: B0000

4 comments:

Karin said...

Oh Melissa, I just love this!! Such a great nautical look too...Fab inspiration from you this week!

Hannah Clark said...

This is such a cute card! It makes you feel like you are on the beach! Fantastic!

Silli said...

Hehe, love the funny peli, love the colors and the little embelli...Fabby Melissa!

Allie Gower said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog Melissa, I love your card. Have a fabulous day!