Friday, September 7, 2012

Cards featuring a cool technique

After I made the sympathy card using the acrylic block for a background, I was eager to try more using that technique and also the one layer wonder style!  I got together with some friends this past week and we had a blast making cards using those techniques!  Below are the cards that I made that night.  Can you believe that I didn't use ANY Copic Markers?  Me either!

I will definitely have to do some more of these.  Super simple and oh so much fun!!!  The first one features a really pretty Penny Black bird stamp.  Sentiment is from a Whipper Snapper set.


The next features a sentiment stamp from Wordsworth (I think). I used some paper with a deckled edge on this one.  It is a very light-weight paper, but I thought it would be elegant.


Next up is a card that features an Art Impressions tree stamp and a sentiment from Whipper Snapper.



I had a small stamp set from Unity Stamps with butterflies and a sentiment.  I decided to use that on this next one.  I broke the rule of one layer a bit by embossing the butterflies.


The next two were created the same, but using two different color pallettes.  I loved the way these turned out.  Definitely going to try some other color combos for this one!  The butterfly image is from Inkadinkado. Sentiment from a Stampin' Up set.


 

Using that same idea, I created one using a balloon stamp from Inkadinkado. 


This last one of the night features an older wheat stamp from JudiKins. Sentiment I think is an older Hero Arts stamp.  I unmounted it some time ago, so I am not sure. I had to add the tiny ribbon to jazz it up a tiny bit!

No comments: